Welcome to Plunge Central
About the Plunge
We’ll be meeting at Bass Rocks County Club and heading over to Good Harbor Beach to enjoy a nice refreshing December dip to raise awareness for ALS.
Transportation to and from Bass Rocks will be provided. We will have use of the Bass Rocks locker room to warm-up and change as well.
After the Plunge, you are invited to join us at the Bass Rocks Country Club for a Post-Plunge Celebration and Awards Ceremony which includes food, music, cash bar and lots of fun!
Plunge Logistics: Saturday, December 28th, 2013:
- 12:00 Check-in & Kick-off at Bass Rocks CC (Registration required).
- 12:45 Bus transportation for Plungers to Good Harbor Beach.
- 1:00 Plunge 4 Pete at Good Harbor Beach.
Click for Plunger Tips
Tips for Plungers:
Here are a few tips to make this a fun & safe event:
1. Wear a bathing suit! Wet clothes hold the cold water on your skin. Also, Choose your “Plunge Day” outfit (or post-Plunge gear) with this is mind – you will be cold and possibly numb, so loose-fitting, easy-on clothes without a lot of snaps, zippers or buttons are best.
2. Get in. Get out. Quick!
3. Don’t ever dive; the water could be shallow.
4. Wear shoes to protect your feet in the water.
5. Do NOT run into the water, there might be things in the water you can not see. You might step on them or kick them and trip.
6. Do not be the first to go into the water if it is your first time. Remember there will be many people behind you and if you get in there and decide you do need out immediately, it will be very difficult to do so quickly.
7. Beware of ice floating in the water … it could cut you.
8. Don’t completely submerge yourself; the cold water may be too shocking to the system If you have heart problems you should consult your doctor before plunging.
9. Don’t run over fellow plungers on the way in or out of the water.
10. Keep a look out for those in distress.
11. Change into warm clothes as soon as possible after you leave the water.
Things to Bring:
- A plastic bag for wet clothes.
- A backpack to hold street clothes.
- Two medium size towels, one to dry with and one to stand on.
- A dry partner to hold your valuables while you are in the water.
- Clean dry under garments to wear after Plunging.
Plunge 4 Pete 2012 …
Here are a few pics from last year’s Plunge to get you motivated.